Start a new topic
Implemented

Plug-ins: some more options needed

Last.fm:

* Selectable language (like in Helium 11)

All:

* Do not download images

What should "Do not download images" work like?

If a plug-in defines that it implements the download image, it will be it's purpose :)

Ah, well it's about downloading artist information, I don't want to download images in this case - or at least not, if there's already an image attached.

Implemented in:

http://files.helium.fm/helium_12.0.14133.0.exe

"Do not download images" is implemented in a way so that if an original image exists, it will not be overwritten.

The source code for the Last.fm plug-in can be downloaded from:

https://github.com/ImplodedSoftware/LastFmPlugin

What about to give an option, even if a picture already exists. Like a checkbox "Do not download a picture".

@Infusion: It can be possible but has in my opinion no logic place in the UI. The setting is specific to the Edit artist window and to plug-ins which can download artist info and pictures. For which specific scenarios would you need this option?
> "Do not download images" is implemented in a way so that if an original image exists, it will not be
> overwritten.

So this is non-optional? It's OK for me, but other users might think different...

At the moment yes. But you can always download a picture manually from the tool. Then it will overwrite the existing picture if any.
It´s ok for me either, was just trying to help brainstorming. I need to use more Helium, then maybe I will have something more to tell about it.

@Infusion: Thanks. Feedback are always welcome. The reason why we are a bit restrictive to adding exposed settings all over the application, is that this was how it was done in Helium 11 and older version, so when you really needed to find one setting that was commonly used, it was very hard to find that one, because of all "other" settings.

You could create "Basic settings", "Advanced settings" and (if necessary) "Expert settings".

That's a possible solution, but it cannot be introduced now and for this sole setting ;)

Login or Signup to post a comment