Start a new topic
Answered

MOD- / SID-tunes

Would it be possible to add support for MOD- / SID-tunes?

I know that BASS supports MOD-tunes, but I'm not sure if it supports SID-tunes...

Best Answer

Closed for now, but can be reopened if upvoted.

There's an add-on called BASSZXTune which covers some of these formats.

The problem is that the most of these formats does not support any kind of tags, so indexing and management will be hard.

IMO ZXTune is missing many relavant formats related to the YM-2149 chip (used for Atari ST/STe, http://leonard.oxg.free.fr/ymformat.html) which is a real pity.

1) Indexing might be a problem, since no tags are available in most chip tunes. Management should be good enough to use database only - there's no need to support all fields.

2) Yes, though I am not interested in Atari tunes, there are also missing many Amiga formats...

3) Most doubts I have about some Neon features. For example: would it be possible to use the graphic position bar?

#2: Big issue for me. It is a must for this feature, I have tons of Atari files ;) (I come from both the AtariST and Amiga demo-scene)

#3: They seems to be very limited, this is something that needs to be tested. I'm unsure if it will be possible.

2) As I said, there are Amiga formats missing too, so it's also an issue for me. But it would be a start... ;-)

The most important question in the end is: how many users would benefit / be interested in this feature? Is it worth the efforts?

>>The most important question in the end is: how many users would benefit / be interested in this feature? Is it worth the efforts?

I really doubt it since it differs from the general customer groups which use Helium/Neon, but I suggest that we keep this thread open and see if we get any reactions.

Answer

Closed for now, but can be reopened if upvoted.

Login or Signup to post a comment