When i double click on a track in album view, it sends the rest of the album (downwards of the selected track) to the play queue. Is this supposed to happen?
I possibility to change this behavior would be good.
- Double click action
- or Enter
- or shit+ double click/enter
- or just press Q to enqueue it?
- maybe just the middle mouse button to eneueue?
just a few suggestions...^^
As i see, you didn't add many shortcuts so far (e.g. the F2 for Tag editor in previous versions) Is there more planned? or do you want a mostly mouse based useage?
>>When i double click on a track in album view, it sends the rest of the album (downwards of the selected track) to the play queue. Is this supposed to happen?
Yes this is correct.
If you start with an empty Play queue this is more easy to see, in short the following will be done:
1) All tracks will be enqueued
2) The first track will start to play and be marked as manually enqueued with a dot in the Play queue
3) The rest of the tracks are treated as automated added tracks
4) If you double click another track (from album or tracklist), this track will be marked as a manually enqueued track and the automated queue will be moved down
In short: Manually enqueued items will always have higher priority than automated enqueued tracks.
>>Is there more planned? or do you want a mostly mouse based useage?
Nothing is really planned, we have some things we would like to test (user-bound keys for example) but suggestions are of course welcome.
Which are your most used shortcuts in Helium 11?
- advanced tag edit (Crtl + Shift + E) - a shorter or easier one would be nice
- edit artist (F2 ?)
- Enqueue (Crtl/shift/alt + Enter)
- add files (Ctrl + Ins)
- Rename Files (Ctrl + R)
I think this is mostly to tag all new stuff and send it to the corrent network paht as quickly as possible.
I'd prefer one for splitting audio files.
Thanks for the input Alex.
CTRL+E and CTRL+Shift+E should already be available.
The same applies to Add files (Ctrl+INS) and Rename files (Ctrl+R)
We will do some more tests related to other keys, to see if it will be possible for the end-user to configure them.
We have decided to not initially support different actions on double-click, instead we will work on dynamic keybindings meaning that you will be able to bind combinations like Ctrl+Enter to Play now for albums, tracks et al.
Please note that this is still in an early testing phase so things can still change/break.
Customizable shortcuts implemented in helium_12.0.14050.0.exe