Start a new topic
Implemented

Option: show separate stereo waveforms

I would like to get an option to see two separate waveforms on the waveform slider.

yes.. should be

if not eat to much CPU that is the one trouble with WPF

greets

Here's a test (using 160px height):

Standard track:

Swipe on right channel:

Sinus on left channel:

Song with low volume:

It becomes a bit compact but might work. CPU speed is issue with 50ms update.

Will this work?

Edit:

A last one in dark theme, showing differances in left and right channels:

>> It becomes a bit compact but might work.

Looks good for me at 80px. ;-)

>> Song with low volume:
I guess you calculate the waveform from the unfiltered file - is it possible to use (album) gain?

>> CPU speed is issue with 50ms update.
Once again my question: do you render the waveforms / spectrogram every 50ms?

>>I guess you calculate the waveform from the unfiltered file - is it possible to use (album) gain?

It does not seem like that, since the gain is applied in real-time. (Not know during reading of the audio-data)

>>Once again my question: do you render the waveforms / spectrogram every 50ms?

For the waveform yes, since it is very quick. For the spectogram no, since it is slow.

I will probably add a setting for the spectogram which controls the quality of the spectogram (FFT size).

Speed results for spectogram (initial render or when size is changed), startsize 1920*160 pixles:

• FFT 16384 bytes:1265ms
  • FFT 8192 bytes: 735ms
  • FFT 4096 bytes: 453ms
  • FFT 2048 bytes: 297ms
  • FFT 1024 bytes: 235ms
  • FFT 512 bytes: 188ms

The result is extremely well detailed when using an FFT buffer with 16384 bytes, but 2048 works also well.

>>>>Once again my question: do you render the waveforms / spectrogram every 50ms? >>For the waveform yes, since it is very quick. For the spectogram no, since it is slow. Do you consider not to do it on waveforms too - it's creating up to 20% load on my Atom x5-Z8300...

This might be a possible future updated, when everything else is closed and considered as working.

Fixed in #528

Login or Signup to post a comment