Start a new topic
Solved

set Volume & system Volume

I don't know if this is also a discussion for the BASS engine but i will post it here.

When i start Neon and click play, the system volume is set to the value of the pink slider. This means even if my system is at 10% volume, it will start playing with 100% which gives me a heart attack most of the times.

When i set the slider to another value, the system volume gets set accordingly but not the other way around. I can turn down the system volume with e.g. my keayboard volume keys and set it to 50%, neon stays at 100%. When i change then neon to 98%, the system volume becomes also 98%.

Is this the way it should work?

- Win 8.1 x64

- WASAPI enabled (not exlusive)

- global hotkeys enabled

@Alex:

>>In my case the last paused file will play (until the buffer is empty) and after that the next file starts playing (with WASAPI on)

This happens most likely because the buffer is not flushed when next/prev is clicked.

I will adjust this for the next release.

2 people like this

@Alex:

Please try with:

http://files.helium.fm/helium_0.5.505.0.exe

This version contains a change;

When WASAPI is used, the system volume will be read upon start of Neon and then used tp initialize and control the playing volume, instead of storing a separate volume setting as earlier.

Please note that this is a one-way communication meaning that if you set volume from Neon, it will adjust the system volume, but if you set the volume via the control panel Neon will not be updated since that would require a polling system.

Ok, works fine, as you decribed it :)

>>Is this the way it should work?

I guess so ;)

why "Disabling the WASAPI Events" so it can not work from (Tray) System Mixer to Application.

greets

What have I forgotten
The disabling of WASAPI event changed the entire volume
not the volume of the application.
A bad solution .. Sorry

greets

>>why "Disabling the WASAPI Events" so it can not work from (Tray) System Mixer to Application.

This was the way recommended by Ian (author of BASS) so that the latency would be gone.

The current implementation of BASS could not solve it via events.

@Alex: I will analyse if this can be improved somehow. I asume it will work without WASAPI ? 

Jup, it's a independent bahaviour with WASAPI disabled

>>This was the way recommended by Ian (author of BASS) so that the latency would be gone.

>>The current implementation of BASS could not solve it via events.

yes!

not your fault.

greets

Since this is also related i think.. i will add it here:

Start playing a file and pause it after maybe 10 seconds or more, then click on NEXT.

In my case the last paused file will play (until the buffer is empty) and after that the next file starts playing (with WASAPI on)

Login or Signup to post a comment