Start a new topic
Implemented

Crossfading support

Support for crossfade as in Helium 11

2 people like this idea

Gapless playback and crossfade is now available in an alpha state.

If you are interesting in testing it now already, please contact us.

I like the crossfading option on HMM 11. Any plan for adding it to HMM 12?

Possibly #2 is the way we will start to look at, since it will mimic the handling of earlier Helium versions.

Additional tests is needed before we can review this further though.

Alex B. wrote:
1. calculate fade in and out values for each track independently during playback, based on a certain max volume value. This will cut off some intros, but will prevent long fade outs or silent ends of tracks

I think this is a great idea for the tag editors, similar to the auto-calculating of bpm.

An optional auto-calculate fade-in/-out feature - and then having two fields, where the user can manually edit these values.

3 ways what i can think of:

1. calculate fade in and out values for each track independently during playback, based on a certain max volume value. This will cut off some intros, but will prevent long fade outs or silent ends of tracks

2. set values manually for different scenarios

- automatic track change fade out (ms) / fade in (ms)

- manual track change fade out (ms) / fade in (ms)

- pause/resume track fade out (ms) / fade in (ms)

3. Calculate all this values when adding tracks to the library and make it adjustable in the database. I think this one would be too much effort to implement and not be used by many users.

1 person likes this

i like it if i can set the time of crossfade self.

greets

Personally I don't like crossfading it ruins the listening experience. It's like the repeat option. I never use either.

Login or Signup to post a comment